FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, August 4, 2020
But Montanans won’t be fooled – they know Dishonest Daines is no loyal friend to public lands:
- Daines voted against a measure to permanently reauthorize LWCF and voted to pull back $16 million in LWCF funding.
- When President Trump’s budget proposal slashed funding from LWCF, Daines repeatedly declined to comment.
- Daines voted for an amendment that sportsmen and conservationists criticized as a “first step to federal land transfer.”
- Daines was criticized for “hold[ing] up” a bipartisan win for Montana’s public lands by refusing to co-sponsor the Yellowstone Gateway Protection Act for more than a year and a half despite overwhelming public approval.
- Daines spearheaded an effort to strip protections from hundreds of thousands of acres of public lands, which critics said would have constituted the “single biggest rollback of protected public lands in Montana history.”
- Daines supported anti-public lands Trump appointees, including William Perry Pendley, who “has argued for selling off almost all public lands.”
“Make no mistake: Daines’ dishonest ‘championing’ of public lands comes only now that his political future is in jeopardy,” said MDP Communications Advisor Christina Wilkes. “Montanans deserve a Senator who fights for their way of life all the time, not just when it’s politically expedient.”
For more information on Daines’ spotty history with Montana’s public lands, visit dishonestdaines.com
Share this Post