FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Monday, October 12, 2020
Although Daines likes to pretend otherwise, he’s running against Governor Bullock, who has a proven track record of bringing Democrats and Republicans together to deliver results for Montanans.
Governor Bullock — not Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer — has worked with both parties to:
- Expand health care to 90,000 Montanans
- Ban dark money in our state elections
- Balance the state’s budget and create the first ever rainy day fund
- Make the largest investment in infrastructure in Montana’s history
- Cut the business equipment tax for small businesses in Montana
- Create a tax break for Montana’s working families
Meanwhile, Daines has just been a “lapdog” for Republican party bosses in Washington D.C. – voting with Mitch McConnell 95% of the time. Daines has also toed the party line in championing a tax plan that overwhelmingly benefitted massive corporations, undermining Medicare, and voting to gut protections for people with pre-existing conditions five times.
“Throughout his time in Washington, D.C., Steve Daines has been nothing more than a shill for his Republican party bosses and his corporate donors,” said MDP Communications Advisor Christina Wilkes. “Montanans know who the real puppet of party leaders is, and it’s not Governor Bullock.”
Share this Post