Helena – It’s now been over two weeks since the general election began in Montana and wealthy East Coast developer Matt Rosendale hasn’t exactly had glowing headlines. In fact, Rosendale’s had nothing but a growing pile of bad news:
First, we saw reports that Rosendale is a weak candidate…
- New York Times: Mr. Rosendale is not viewed as a robust challenger.
- Associated Press: [Rosendale] might not have been their first choice
- Associated Press: Rosendale, a real estate developer and a former state lawmaker, wasn’t the first choice of Republicans seeking to deny Tester a third term.
- The Guardian: Matt Rosendale narrowly won a crowded race against retired judge Russ Fagg.
And then there was the debate debacle…
- MTN News: GOP nominee Rosendale backs out of first scheduled debate with Sen. Tester
- Bozeman Daily Chronicle: Rosendale backs out of first U.S. Senate debate
- NBC Montana: Montana U.S. Senate candidates trade barbs over debate plans
- Billings Gazette: Undebatable: Rosendale declines Tester face off, cites Father’s Day plans
- Associated Press: Rosendale Won’t Debate Tester Sunday, Cites Father’s Day
- Missoula Current: Cancellation or confusion, Rosendale backs out of Whitefish debate with Tester
- The Montana Post: #RosendaleResigns…From Scheduled Debate
During which Rosendale ran off to DC to fundraise in the middle of the work week…
- Associated Press: Rosendale Heads to Washington for Meetings, Fundraiser
While Rosendale was campaigning in DC instead of working in Montana, he continued dodging Montanans by refusing to answer questions about being a fake rancher…
When Rosendale finally returned to Montana, he was called out by a Montana sportsman for not doing his job on the Land Board…
- Helena Independent Record Op-Ed: It’s time for the Montana Land Board to do its job
But sportsmen aren’t the only ones who don’t much like Rosendale; the Montana Chamber of Commerce refused to endorse him (again)…
- Great Falls Tribune: “Generally chambers of commerce endorse Republican candidates so obviously Rosendale would have to be disappointed in that” said Jeremy Johnson, an associate political science professor at Carroll College.
- Montana Television Network News: Chamber of Commerce declines to endorse a candidate in MT’s U.S. Senate race
- Montana Post: How Bad a Candidate Is Matt Rosendale? Just ask the Montana Chamber of Commerce
And it turns out Montana voters don’t like him much either…
- Billings Gazette: Tester, a two-term Democrat with past election victory margins tighter than his flattop haircut, had 7 percent advantage over Rosendale, Montana’s state auditor.
Need even more proof of how bad Rosendale’s last two weeks were? Take a look at a few of the things other Montanans are saying about Maryland Matt:
- Billings Gazette LTE: Rosendale Doesn’t Value Public Lands as Montanans Do
- Billings Gazette Op-Ed: Rosendale wrong about Montana health care coverage
- Montana Standard LTE: Rosendale Not Right
- Montana Standard LTE: Rosendale Bailed
- Helena Independent Record LTE: Rosendale Votes Against Montana Values
- Montana Standard LTE: …Montana doesn’t want Matt Rosendale.
- Helena Independent Record LTE: This state cannot afford to elect Matt Rosendale as a senator
- Billings Gazette LTE: Would a real estate expert make the mistake Rosendale claims?
- Seeley Swan Pathfinder LTE: Rosendale – Not a Man of His Word
- Missoulian LTE: Rosendale Doesn’t Have MT Values
- Flathead Beacon LTE: Montanans know better than to vote for a man who so obviously considers his home to be on the East Coast.
Share this Post