FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, July 29, 2020
Reality check: Daines’ cozy history with China is clear as day:
- In the 1990s, Daines lived in China helping a corporate giant set up plants there while the company eliminated thousands of jobs in the U.S.
- Daines has spent his time in Washington serving as a “cheerleader for U.S.-China relations” – even being accused of doing the country’s “political bidding.”
- During his time in the Senate, Daines has taken five taxpayer funded trips to China.
- China’s Ambassador to the U.S. dubbed Daines “China’s ambassador in Congress.”
- As recently as February, Daines praised the Chinese government’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, saying it “aggressively worked to contain” the virus.
“Daines’ pivot to tough-on-China talking points to paper over his record as a ‘China cheerleader’ is a pathetic attempt to rescue his reelection campaign,” said MDP Communications Advisor Christina Wilkes. “Time and time again, Daines shows that he stands for nothing, and that Montanans simply cannot trust his word.”
Share this Post