FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
But don’t be fooled by this dishonest flip-flop. During his time in Washington, D.C., Daines has:
- Touted the Great American Outdoors Act in a transparent election-year ploy to paper over his abysmal public lands record.
- Stood by “sworn enemy to public lands” William Perry Pendley for months as he led the Bureau of Land Management, only recently backtracking as it put his reelection in a “tough spot.”
- Spearheaded an effort to strip protections from hundreds of thousands of acres of public lands, which critics said would have constituted the “single biggest rollback of protected public lands in Montana history.”
- Refused to support the Blackfoot Clearwater Protection Act, a bill that would add almost 80,000 acres to public lands in Montana, despite broad public support among Montanans.
- Taken nearly $50,000 from the Wilks Brothers, billionaires who have fought to block access to public lands.
“Steve Daines is desperately trying to paper over his history of playing politics with public lands – but his election-year greenwashing can’t erase his very clear record,” said MDP Communications Advisor Christina Wilkes. “Montanans deserve a Senator who will fight for public lands all the time, not just in election years.”
Share this Post