FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Daines also tried to cover up his history of prioritizing corporations and special interests that shipped jobs overseas, while he paid lip service to keeping American jobs at home.
Dishonest Daines: “The Chinese Communist Party’s reckless actions to downplay and lie about the severity of this virus has changed the lives of every American.”
- Just a few months ago, Daines praised the Chinese government’s response, saying it “aggressively worked to contain” the virus.
- These glowing comments came even as American intelligence officials were warning that China appeared to be minimizing the severity of the crisis.
- After Washington political consultants instructed Republican Senate candidates to deflect blame for the pandemic onto the Chinese government, Daines abruptly changed his tune on China.
Dishonest Daines: “I’ve taken swift action to put America first and lead the efforts in Congress to support Made in America manufacturing and jobs.”
- Daines is trying to paint himself as a champion of American jobs but he has voted to protect tax breaks for corporations that moved jobs overseas, and for a tax plan that “could actually make it more attractive.”
- Daines also opposed increased funding for Trade Adjustment Assistance, which has applied to nearly 6,000 workers in Montana.
- While Daines was helping Procter & Gamble set up plants in China in the 1990s, the company was closing plants and eliminating thousands of jobs in the U.S.
Share this Post