FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, June 9, 2020
Montanans won’t be fooled.
Dishonest Daines: “I have made it one of my highest priorities to protect and expand access to our public lands.”
- In 2015, Daines voted against a measure to permanently reauthorize LWCF, and voted to pull back $16 million from the program in 2018.
- Daines also voted for an amendment that sportsmen and conservationists slammed as a “first step to federal land transfer.”
- When Trump’s budget proposal slashed funding from LWCF, Daines repeatedly ducked questions.
- Daines has championed anti-public lands Trump appointees, including radical William Perry Pendley, who “has argued for selling off almost all public lands.”
- Daines spearheaded an effort to strip protections from hundreds of thousands of acres of public lands, which critics said would have constituted the “single biggest rollback of protected public lands in Montana history.”
Share this Post